• Analyze developing trends and mandate change activity in the current market environment • Get insight on how the current environment and associated pressures are impacting the business and how they’ll shape and change it moving forward • Understand the timing and trends in sub-advisory searches
• Analyze the recent market environment’s impact to sub-advised strategies in specific asset classes • Discuss opportunities in small cap funds and capacity constrained strategies • Learn how private equity, hedge funds are faring in sub-advised mandates • Address the liquidity and pricing issue within the fixed income market and how to mitigate this with the next blow
• With COVID-19 impacting mobility and communications, discuss the long-term impacts to sourcing requirements • Understand the changing due diligence process and compliance requirements to stay ahead of the game • Get insight from gatekeepers on what asset managers should know about current selection and monitoring processes
• Stay relevant – assess the lasting effects prolonged quarantining has had on how the industry connects and learn how gatekeepers want to be contacted • Discuss the most effective and efficient technology enabling people to work remotely and how it’s changed business as we know it • Learn best practices for collaborating on marketing materials to get the message out to the end client effectively • Sub-advisor due diligence during the pandemic; ongoing monitoring, new searches and virtual visits
• Gain practical tips on how you can make the most important part of your presentation more successful • Learn concise, clear steps to consistently answering questions well • Clarify your strategy for taking questions: when, whom and how?
• Learn how to position your firm in a marketplace with a growing and opportune appetite for ESG integration • Discuss the standards and metrics used in manager research and selection for ESG mandates • From PRI scores to office morale, discover which integration factors gatekeepers are scrutinizing to uncover greenwashing and hidden risk
• Address the conditions that have fueled racial inequality in order to create effective initiatives than can bring about real change • From hiring Chief Diversity Officers to promoting investment clubs and offering scholarships and internships geared to women and minorities, evaluate the effectiveness of various strategies that aim to diversify the makeup of investment teams • Learn why manager research teams put more value on managers where there’s diversity
• Adding value: discuss recent trends squeezing sub-advisors such as falling fees and higher service level expectations, and what to do about them • Discover how boutiques can get an edge on the larger firms to take that shot • Discuss the opportunities for sub-advisory partnerships with European private banks looking for a way of differentiating themselves
$15 trillion AUM are controlled by three investment management firms and approximately the same amount of passive assets is licensed to three index providers – discuss the market structure issues and potential ramifications for the index securities themselves.
• Identify attributes commonly found in winning funds as well as attributes that signal warning signs before the fact • Learn to spot the misunderstood patterns of fund outperformance • Understand why the right temperament is critical in fund investors
• Learn how behavioral analytics are used to assess money managers and stay ahead of the game • Delve into the use of advanced analytics to catch known and unknown threats as they develop • Identify the data and risk factors firms analyze to reduce compliance and operational risk
In this very interactive session, conference participants are invited to ask allocators, gatekeepers, and industry experts hard-edge questions in an informal but time-limited setting. Have your elevator pitch and your questions ready!